Thursday, June 9, 2011

What's Refreshing to You?

Citrus Festival Poster

As I look at the thermometer rise above the 100' mark, I search for a way to cool me down and quench my thirst. The images in the piece I created above make me long for a good old fashioned fresh squeezed lemonade. Maybe one from the Boardwalk in Ocean City New Jersey. Mmmm .....after a morning stroll on the boards, watching the surfers catch the first waves of the day. It makes me think about, what is it people grab for when the temperatures rise?

After my oldest son, Dylan, began attending school at Florida State University in Tallahassee and we'd go visit, my kids discovered southern sweet tea. Maybe a bit more sugar than tea for me. Actually I would become an embarrassment as I'd ask for my tea unsweetened, as if anyone in the south drinks their tea without it. Life was good for awhile when McDonalds added sweet tea to their menus up here in the north and the kids could get their southern fix.

Some would argue that having an ice cold beer is the way to go. I must agree that the first chilly Corona with a lime does quench the thirst. Hmmm...is it 5 o'clock yet?

I guess the medical profession would argue that plain old H20 is the real and only way to refresh the body and quench the thirst. Not too chilly though. Let me know what your favorite way to quench and refresh your thirst is. In the meantime enjoy my glass of lemonade above. Keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment