Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Will actual printed books be here in the future?

Illustrations from my new e-book



Down load the book here:


I recently published my first two children's books. Not in the traditional way though. They are e-books. The books I believe of the future. With the advent of the Kindle, the Nook and iPads I believe the face of the publishing world is about the change or already has begun the evolution of change.

I have been drawing and illustrating for many years. Not quite sure how to put the two together and turn it into a children's book. That was until recently. I had a gentleman contact me from Utales, an online book company. They have started an e-book site devoted solely to kids books. He had seen my illustrations and invited me to be one of their first authors for this new site. So I set about creating a book to submit, the story unfolding as if magic. I was so excited to see it come to life on the screen.

The next generation will grow up reading with their parents on the i-Pad, Nook, Kindle or computer. It will be what is the normal for them. It is also a great opportunity for the illustrator/author who has for years struggled to have their voice heard. As they can directly create and publish their works without the politics of the print publishing world. We have seen self publishing begin to take a bite out of that already. I for one still enjoy the holding of the printed book, relishing the turning of the actual pages.

Is it possible with the industry of e-books and self publishing that we can remain within the best of both worlds? I think we can. So if you have wee ones in your life, or you wish to check out my book. Visit Utales and enjoy some spectacular kid's reads. Step into the future of reading. Have fun!

Visit the site here: http://utales.com/books/wiggly-tiggly-tell-me-a-tale

No comments:

Post a Comment